Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Come and Gone

After many, many days of this:

waiting anxiously for brad's arrival home from his big hunt, i am ecstatic to announce he is:




HOME!


safe and sound. good times were had and he is home!!! also, i am saddened/frustrated/upset to announce that he is gone again. this time in the fields. while i am very privy to the knowledge that this is his chosen career, it does not lessen the blow that the boys and i have been in brad's presence for approximately 13 minutes since friday. errrr. trying my best to remain a gracious wife, but not really succeeding that well. while i do so adore each and every moment with my sweet boys, the moments are even better when brad is here too. Brad's jovial and strong demeanour is the perfect counter to my currently overwhelmed and overworked spirit.
rather than throw myself a mini pity party, i will rejoice in the following:
1. max peed in the potty for the first time after three days of peeing in undies
2. and most importantly,
"it is the Lord who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure" 2 sam 22:33
thank you jesus for bringing my man home, for strengthening me in motherhood and wifehood, for giving maxer his opportunity for success as a reward for all his time spent involving pee, and for loving us with a mighty love.

No comments:

Post a Comment